Aquarium Filter Bio Media
AquaClear Bio-Max Inserts increase the biological filtration efficiency of your aquarium filter, while enhancing its ability to reduce harmful ammonia and nitrites. These highly porous ceramic rings provide maximum surface area to facilitate the growth of beneficial bacteria. These bacteria break down toxic water contaminants and help to create a clean, healthy aquatic habitat for your aquarium fish.
- Expands biological capacity of aquariums
- Provides optimal living conditions for beneficial bacteria
- Enhances ammonia and nitrite reduction
- Safe for fresh and saltwater use
Sizing: Sized to fit AquaClear Aquarium Filters.
- Size 20: 5-20 gallon aquariums
- Size 30: 10-30 gallon aquariums
- Size 50: 20-50 gallon aquariums
- Size 70: 40-70 gallon aquariums
- Size 110: 60-110 gallon aquariums
- $7.95 - $121.95
- Save $50 (47%)
Fluval BioMax Replacement Media for U2, U3, and U4 Series Underwater Filters provides an optimal environment for biological filtration. Each ring has a complex pore system that allows beneficial bacteria to thrive, helping to reduce and control ammonia and nitrate.
- Provides optimum biological balance
- Complex pore system supports colonization and growth of beneficial bacteria
- Reduces and controls ammonia and nitrate
- Replacement bio-media for Fluval U2, U3 and U4 Underwater Filters
Directions: Rinse before using. Safe for freshwater, marine, or reptile habitats.
- $8.95 - $48.95
- Save $21 (44%)
Seachem Matrix Bio Media is a highly porous media designed to provide exceptionally efficient biofiltration for single site removal of ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate from freshwater, marine, and reef aquaria.
- Premium natural bio-filter support media
- Removes ammonia, nitrite and nitrate from fresh, salt and reef tanks
- 1 liter is equivalent to over 40 L of typical plastic ball media
Each liter of Matrix provides over 160,000 cm2 (170 sq. ft.) of surface, equivalent to over 40 L (10 gallons) of typical plastic ball media! This product is sold by volume. Cited weight is minimal weight.
Directions: Use 500 mL of Matrix for each 200 L (50 gallons*) of water. Matrix may be placed in any kind of filter, and is particularly effective in a canister filter. Matrix is sufficiently large that no filter bag should be required for most applications. Matrix works well in drip tray systems, but you may find that the larger Pond Matrix is better suited for such applications.
- $10.95 - $131.95
- Save $55 (42%)
Lee's Bio-Pin Balls are a multi-purpose, state of the art filter media for use in freshwater and saltwater wet/dry systems and pond filters.
- Multi-purpose, state of the art filter media
- For use in freshwater and saltwater
- For wet/dry systems and pond filters
Lee's Bio-Pin Balls aid in the gas-exchange process; large surface area promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria to aid in biological filtration. The void space between the Bio-Pins is ideal for the movement of gasses like oxygen and allows it to more-readily come in contact with nitrifying bacteria living on the media surface.
Directions: The suggested usage is 1 gallon of Bio-Pin Balls per 20 gallons for salt water or 35 gallons freshwater. Balls may be connected together or placed freely in filter box.
Small: 1-3/8" diameter
- $58.95 - $113.95
- Save $47 (42%)
Aquatop Forza Premium Quartz Rings provide exceptional surface area for the colonization of beneficial bacteria in your aquarium. Made from heated, compressed quartz, this biological filter media supports the elimination of harmful ammonia and nitrite and is safe for freshwater or marine habitats.
- Biological filtration media for fresh & saltwater aquariums
- Enhanced surface area supports beneficial bacteria growth
- Supports breakdown & elimination of toxic ammonia & nitrite
- Includes reusable nylon mesh bag ($4.95 value)
Aquatop Forza Quartz Rings are made of long-lasting, highly porous sintered inert quartz, with an improved shape designed to increase internal and external surface area. This allows beneficial bacteria to colonize and thrive for highly efficient bio-filtration.
- $20.95 - $286.95
- Save $119 (43%)
Marineland Biological Filtration Ceramic Filter Rings for C-Series and Magniflow Canister Filters provide ample porous surface area to support healthy growth of beneficial, ammonia-reducing bacteria and effective biological filtration of your tank.
- Fits all Marineland C-Series and Magniflow Canister Filters
- Porous surface area allows growth of beneficial bacteria
- Supports biological filtration for clean, healthy aquarium water
Ceramic Filter Rings make up Part 3 of your Marineland Canister Filter's filtration cycle. This bio media is compatible with Rite-Size S, T, and X filter compartments.
- Start up: Remove from packaging. Rinse in room temperature tap water and drain. Place in media container.
- Maintenance: Gently rinse in established aquarium water monthly. Replace only if damaged or if accumulated dirt on surfaces cannot be rinsed away. Never replace more than half of the ceramic rings within a 3 month period.
- $11.95 - $56.95
- Save $24 (42%)
Fluval BioMax rings are unique, inert ceramic rings that promote powerful bacterial growth both internally and externally. Each ring is very porous, with holes that are perfectly sized to host beneficial bacteria.
- Inert ceramic media rings
- For all external filters
- Provides superior biological filtration
The massive internal and external surface areas allow huge colonies of beneficial bacteria to grow, making Fluval Bio-Max an ideal media for biological removal of both ammonia and nitrite concentrations in the aquarium.
- $22.95 - $128.95
- Save $53 (43%)
API Bio-Chem Stars quickly establish the biological filter in aquariums, with 4 times more surface area than ceramic rings for rapid, massive bacterial colonization. They never need replacing and provide biological filtration to remove toxic ammonia and nitrites from your tank.
- 4X more surface area for massive bacterial colonization
- Quickly removes toxic ammonia and nitrites
- Never needs replacing, will not break down or clog filter
Bio-Chem Stars are safe in fresh and saltwater and should be used for aquarium start-up and/or maintenance. It's never too late to start a robust biological filter and get your tank healthy! Specially manufactured from space-age polymers with a 50-70 micron internal pore network, they allow rapid oxygen and water transfer for maximum growth and health of beneficial nitrifying bacteria colonies.
Biological filtration utilizes natural nitrifying bacteria to convert toxic ammonia into nitrate, a process known as the nitrogen cycle. These beneficial bacteria grow as your fish produce waste, establishing colonies on top layers of aquarium gravel or in biological media such as Bio-Chem Stars. Providing these bacteria with plenty of surface area on which to grow is an essential part of maintaining a safe and healthy aquatic environment.
Directions: Remove Bio-Chem Stars from plastic bag and rinse thoroughly to remove any dust. Place in the last compartment of your filter. Bio-Chem Stars will become colonized by bacteria within several weeks. Using API Stress Zyme will help with the establishment of the biological filter.
- Save $12 (42%)
Blue Life Clear FX Pro Filter Media is the most advanced all-in-one filtration media available on the market. Made with cutting edge technology, this media is compatible with both fresh and saltwater aquariums of all sizes. The easy to use media is the most comprehensive and reliable solution for aquarists of all skill levels.
- Crystal clear aquarium water
- Stimulates coral and plant growth
- Controls ammonia, nitrites and nitrates
- May be used for fresh or saltwater aquariums
This proprietary blend combines a super carbon, hybrid phosphate resin and organic scavenger resin. Clear FX Pro works rapidly to remove organic pollutants while leaving behind essential trace elements effectively keeping aquariums clean, clear and healthy for months.
Directions: To use the product, simply place the mesh filter bag within a high flow area of your filtration system. The media is compatible within both canister filters and standard sumps. Media lasts 4 months in saltwater and 6 months in freshwater. Tanks with heavy bio-load should consider changing media more frequently.
- 225 ml: Treats 30 gallons (113 L) saltwater, 60 gallons (227 L) freshwater.
- 450 ml: Treats 60 gallons (227 L) saltwater, 120 gallons (454 L) freshwater.
- 1800 ml: Treats 250 gallons (946 L) saltwater, 500 gallons (1893 L) freshwater.
Granular Activated Carbon (GAC): CLEAR FX PRO contains a coal based granular activated carbon (GAC). The product offers the hardest carbon available that will still work when used in water. The high surface area and durability of our unique carbon allows CLEAR FX PRO to last longer and prevent deterioration over time. Unlike other carbon based filtration medias, the extremely low ash content of CLEAR FX PRO will not lead to hole in the head or lateral line disease within your aquarium.
Hybrid Phosphate Removing Resin: CLEAR FX PRO introduces a new and exciting technology to the phosphate removal process. Unlike competing medias, CLEAR FX PRO uses a hybrid resin that works more effectively than Granular Ferric Oxide (GFO) phosphate removers. The resin’s spherical beaded structure will not clump or clog. The long lasting, high capacity resin absorbs phosphates in half the time as a standard GFO and will not release phosphates back into the water after reaching maximum capacity.
Organic Scavenger Resin: The scavenger resin in CLEAR FX PRO attracts your tanks organics, effectively controlling ammonia, nitrate and nitrite levels. The organic scavenger resin has a macro-porous design that will not clog as quickly as competing organic removers. The resin works hand-in-hand with our GAC to deliver clarity, stability and health to your aquarium water.
Additional Benefits: Removes: odors, tannins, phenols, gases, pollutants, CO2, phosphates (PO4), silicates (SIO2), copper, metals and nitrogenous organic waste. Does not actively remove essential trace elements. Raises Redox (ORP) significantly. Removes contaminants and irritants harmful to coral, compounds carbon can’t remove alone, light blocking impurities and organics that degrade water quality by reducing oxygen. Stabilizes pH (buffers without shock to fish). Will not release organics back into tank once exhausted. Decreases need for water changes.
- $21.95 - $232.95
- Save $96 (43%)
Cascade Bio Ceramic Rings are a convenient ready-to-use nylon mesh filter bag filled with ceramic filter rings. Surface area and pores sized to accommodate bacteria necessary for biological balance and to remove toxic ammonia and nitrite.
- Convenient ready-to-use nylon mesh filter bag
- Helps remove toxic Ammonia and Nitrite
- Surface area and pores sized to accommodate bacteria necessary for biological balance
Cascade Bio Ceramic Rings produce crystal clear water and are perfect for use in any canister filter, or in any Penn-Plax Cascade Canister Filter.
- $13.95 - $38.95
- Save $17 (44%)
Fluval Pre-Filter Bio Media consists of inert, solid ceramic rings used to trap large and medium solid particles before they clog the finer sieves of the modules above. For all external filters.
- Inert, solid ceramic rings
- Allows biological activity on the surface of the rings
- Trap large and medium solid particles before they clog the finer sieves of the modules above
The diversified water flow allows establishment of biological activity on the surface of the rings, adding to the overall biological action on ammonia and nitrite.
- $16.95 - $49.95
- Save $21 (42%)
Marineland Bio-Filter Balls for all Magniflow Canster Filters and C-Series Canister Filters. The Bio-Filter Balls provide a large, multi-faceted surface area for the growth of beneficial ammonia-neutralizing bacteria responsible for biological filtration.
- Fits all Magniflow Canister Filters and C-Series Canister Filters
- Provides larger, multi-faceted biological filtration area for the growth of beneficial BIO-Spira bacteria
- Allows water to receive full-contact filtration with virtually no bypass
Sizing: 7/8" diameter balls. Compatible with Rite Size S and T filter cartridges.
- $12.95 - $58.95
- Save $25 (44%)