Aquarium Filter Chemical Media
Marinas Slim filter Bio-Clear Cartridges are availabe in a 3 pack and fits all three Slim Filter Models. These are ideal for golfish and combines zeolite and Ceramitek in one cartridge to offer the healthiest tank!
- Absorbs toxic ammonia and reduces fish stress
- Best for goldfish
- Zeolite with Ceramitek for clean and clear water
The Zeolite in these cartridges effective absorbs toxic ammonia and reduces stress on fish. The Ceramitek (a highly porous ceramic biological filter medium) optimizes biological filtration.
These filter cartridges are 100% disposable and should be replaced every two weeks.
*Never replace all filter cartridges at the same time in order to ensure constant presence of beneficial bacteria.
- $9.95 - $56.95
- Save $30 (52%)
API Crystal Bio-Chem Zorb is an effective filtration media cartridge that cleanses and purifies both fresh and saltwater. With superior resins and activated carbon, this dense cartridge removes debris, odors and colors for crystal clear water.
- Superior resins and activated carbon
- Makes water clean and clear
- Densely filled cartridge
- Fits API SuperClean Power Filter 5-20
This densely filled cartridge provides mechanical and chemical filtration and is scientifically proven to remove organic aquarium pollutants, heavy metals, toxic gases, and other compounds carbon alone can't remove. Also removes light blocking impurities for improved coral growth (saltwater) and aquatic plants (freshwater).
Size 10: Fits SuperClean 10
Size 5-20: Fits SuperClean 5-20
Size 30: Fits SuperClean 30
Size 50: Fits SuperClean 50
- $6.95 - $40.95
- Save $22 (53%)
AquaClear Ammonia Remover Filter Inserts are natural ammonia removing filter media. Ammonia Remover is effective in freshwater aquariums for the control and removal of ammonia.
- Removes and controls harmful ammonia
- Ideal for new to heavily populated aquariums
- Alternate chemical stage
The use of AquaClear Ammonia Remover is strongly recommended on a consistent basis for the control of potential ammonia surges and/or when biological conversion of toxic ammonia is compromised or impossible. For freshwater use only. Choose the size that fits your AquaClear filter.
20 Gallon: 5-20 gallon aquariums
30 Gallon: 10-30 gallon aquariums
50 Gallon: 20-50 gallon aquariums
70 Gallon: 40-70 gallon aquariums
110 Gallon: 60-110 gallon aquariums
- $6.95 - $129.95
- Save $69 (53%)
Marinas Slim Filter Bio-Carb Cartridges are available in 3 packs and replace all 3 Slim Filter Models. These cartridges are ideal for tropical fish and combines activated carbon and Ceramitek into one easy cartridge for a healthy vibrant aquarium!
- Removes pollutants and odors
- Best for tropical fish
- Carbon with ceramitek for clean and clear water
The activated carbon within these cartridges removes pollutants and odors while the Ceramitek (a highly porous ceramic biolical filter) optimizes biological filtration.
These disposable cartridges should be replaced every 2 weeks for best results.
*Never replace all cartridges at the same time to ensure constant presence of beneficial bacteria.
- $8.95 - $114.95
- Save $61 (53%)
Boyd Chemi-Pure Elite features the same powerful filtration media as original Chemi-Pure, but with added ferric oxide to remove phosphates, silicates and red slime (cyano-bacteria) for cleaner, clearer water. It also supports aerobic bacteria growth and removes dissolved organics in all aquarium types.
- Superior filter media in durable nylon bag
- Now with ferric oxide to remove phosphates and silicates
- For freshwater, marine and reef aquariums
Chemi-Pure Elites unique formulation enhances aquarium health and supports longer fish life. It helps eliminate foul odors, removes toxic elements such as copper and phenol, has a safe pH range, reduces water changes and causes no osmotic shock or ion antagonism. It increases appetites of all fish species with no acclimation time, supporting healthy metabolism.
Directions: Use 1 Full Unit for 40 gallons, 2 Full Units for 40-100 gallons and 1 extra Full Unit for every additional 25 gallons. Replace bags every 4-6 months for maximum effectiveness.
- $18.95 - $594.95
- Save $312 (53%)
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Ammo-Carb activated carbon and ammonia remover mixes Ammo-Chips and Activated Filter Carbon to rid aquarium water of dissolved organic materials and ammonia, reducing dissolved toxins from fish waste.
- Activated carbon and ammonia remover for freshwater aquariums
- Keeps aquarium water crystal-clear and ammonia free
- Helps promote fish health by improving water quality
Add Ammo-Carb to help reduce dissolved toxins from fish waste in your tank water. Ammo-Carb is phosphate free and works in any filter.
- Save $7 (50%)
The API Water Softener Pillow contains ion exchange resins to remove calcium, magnesium and soluble heavy metal ions, including iron and copper. This reduces white, crusty deposits on aquarium surfaces and increases the lifespan of your equipment.
- Softens water by removing calcium, magnesium and heavy metals
- For freshwater aquariums
- Fully rechargeable 2 oz treats up to 20 gallons
Reduces calcium and magnesium content, lowering general hardness (GH) and softening water without adding harmful chemicals. The convenient pouch is fully rechargeable.
When to Use: When starting or maintaining an aquarium or when testing indicates water hardness above the desired level.
Directions: Rinse pouch under tap water. Place pouch in path of water flow in the aquarium filter. The activity of the pillow lasts 48 hours. After 48 hours, recharging is necessary.
Recharging: Dissolve 3 tablespoon of aquarium salt in 7 oz of tap water. Rinse pouch in tap water, then soak in the salt solution for 2 hours. Place back in filter – there is no need to rinse. When not in use, store Water Softer Pillow in recharging solution. Do not let pillow dry out. Replace when Water Softener Pillow ceases to function properly after recharging.
- $10.95 - $30.95
- Save $16 (53%)
Boyd Enterprises Chemi-Pure is an ionic media acts mechanically as well as chemically, absorbing all the various elements of decomposition. The resin produces negatively charged ions, while removing excess acids and ammonia.
- Keeps pH at constant level
- Chemical absorption filter
- Aids in the natural balance of positive and negative charges
Chemi-Pure comes packed in pure polyester filter bags in sealed plastic bottles, called 1 unit, one of which is recommended for up to 40 gallons of water, and which is completely active for 4-6 months with no `regeneration` or cleaning required and is cheaper than carbon or pads. Use 1 unit up to 40 gallons, 2 units from 40 to 100 gallons, above 100 gallons add one unit for every 25 gals.
Please note: product is supposed to arrive moist. (As carbon draws moisture from the resin beads in this product, once they crack or dry, they are no longer active, so it must be shipped and used while moist).
- $13.95 - $380.95
- Save $200 (53%)
SeaChem De-Nitrate removes nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and organics from both freshwater and marine aquariums. The high porosity of De-Nitrate supports the proliferation of both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria that further remove these toxic aquarium byproducts.
- Removes nitrates, nitrites, ammonia and organics
- Supports growth of beneficial bacteria that eliminate toxins
- Suitable for fresh and saltwater tanks
Even when exhausted as an organic adsorbent, SeaChem De-Nitrate continues to be an excellent support for the biological filter and does not have to be removed.
Directions: Place De-Nitrate to assure the flow of water through it, such as in a canister filter, chemical filtration module, or box filter. Flow rate should not exceed 200 L (50 gallons) per hour. If higher flow rates are unavoidable, use Matrix or Pond Matrix. It is best to rinse off dust before use. Once De-Nitrate has been used for several days, nitrate concentrations should start to fall and level off gradually at a concentration of 4-5 mg/L as nitrate. As long as nitrate concentrations remain under control, the product is not exhausted. Each 500 mL of De-Nitrate treats about 100-200 L (25-50 gallons), depending on initial nitrate concentration and the current biological load. Enough should be used to remove nitrate at a rate at least as fast as the rate of formation. If very high nitrates are initially present, they should be brought down to less than 20 mg/L with water changes.
- $7.95 - $162.95
- Save $86 (54%)
Seachem Purigen Ultimate Filtration is a premium synthetic adsorbent that, unlike any other filtration product, is not a mixture of ion exchangers or adsorbents, but a unique macro-porous synthetic polymer that removes soluble and insoluble impurities from water at a rate and capacity that exceeds all others by over 500%.
- Removes soluble and insoluble impurities from water
- Controls ammonia, nitrites, nitrates
- Polishes water to unparalleled clarity
Purigen controls ammonia, nitrites and nitrates by removing nitrogenous organic waste that would otherwise release these harmful compounds. Purigens impact on trace elements is minimal. It significantly raises redox. It polishes water to unparalleled clarity. Purigen darkens progressively as it exhausts, and is easily renewed by treating with bleach. Purigen is designed for both marine and freshwater use.
Why Its Different:
- Selectivity: Purigen is the highest capacity organic filtration resin on the market. No other products can compare to its ability to clear haziness and polish water to unparalleled clarity. Unlike other products on the market which are simple ion-exchange resins, Purigen is specifically designed to be an organic scavenging resin. When ion-exchange resins are filled to capacity by metals and other contaminants, Purigen has barely begun to reach its potential. Purigen generally ignores simple elemental compounds, having an extreme affinity for nitrogenous organics. The primary source of nitrogenous compounds in an aquarium is waste. Fish, corals, even plants produce nitrogenous waste. Purigen removes that waste faster and more completely than anything else on the market.
- Capacity: Purigens possesses enhanced capacity owing to its vast surface area. All other resins on the market are purely spherical extruded beads. These beads remain smooth even under a microscope. Purigen is both spherical and macroreticular. It has microscopic pores that increase its usable surface area to many times that of a purely spherical resin.
- Regeneration: Purigen can also be regenerated. As it adsorbs waste products, Purigen will change color from a pale blonde to a dark brown, almost black. Once it is exhausted, it can be regenerated with a solution of bleach and water. The bleach will literally “burn off" the organics that have been removed from the tank. Watch out for products that claim to be regenerable with a brine solution. That is the regeneration procedure for ion-exchange purposes. A brine solution will not remove organics. While such resins have a limited capacity for organic adsorption, a brine regeneration process only replaces removed ionic compounds. It does not destroy large organic molecules that were removed, which is the primary function of organic adsorption resins.
Rinse before use. Use in a fine mesh filter bag. Each 1 L treats up to 4,000 L (1,000 gallons*) for up to six months. Exhaustion is indicated by a pronounced discoloration of the beads to dark brown or black.
Regeneration: Soak in a 1:1 bleach:water solution for 24 hours in a non-metalic container in a well ventilated area and away from children. Rinse well, then soak for 8 hours with a solution containing 2 tablespoons of ChlorGuard, Prime, or equivalent dechlorinator per cup of water. Rinse well. Original color and full activity should now be restored and Purigen is ready for reuse. Caution: some slime coat products may permanently foul Purigen and render regeneration difficult. Do not reuse if odor of chlorine is detectable. In case of doubt, soak beads in small quantity of water and test for residual chlorine with a chlorine test kit.
100 ml (Media Bag): Treats 106 Gallons
250 ml: Treats 265 Gallons
500 ml: Treats 530 Gallons
1 Liter: Treats 1,060 Gallons
2 Liters: Treats 2,120 Gallons
- $17.95 - $821.95
- Save $431 (54%)
API Nitra-Zorb for API and Rena Filters is a convenient pouch of natural and synthetic ion-exchange resins that selectively remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate from freshwater aquariums. Completely phosphate-free and ready to use!
- Removes toxic ammonia, nitrite and nitrate
- Provides chemical filtration to support a successful aquarium startup
- Ready to use pouch for freshwater fish tanks
- 1 large pouch treats up to 55 gallons
API Nitra-Zorb filtration pouches are scientifically proven to remove toxins in aquarium water, including NH3, NO2-, and NO3- to support the health and longevity of fish and plants.
Instructions: Easy-to-use pouch works 2 months, change regularly for clean and clear water.
- $28.95 - $314.95
- Save $165 (54%)
Fluval Ammonia Remover is a natural ion-exchange media designed to remove toxic ammonia as a water passes over it. Fluval Ammonia Remover controls ammonia levels reduces stress on fish.
- Ammonia remover for aquariums
- Top or Middle Media Baskets
- For freshwater use only
Use this product to provide a healthy environment when setting up a new aquarium or maintaining one that contains a higher than average fish stock. Ammonia Remover gradually becomes inactive.
- $40.95 - $233.95
- Save $123 (53%)
Fluval Peat Granules are the all-natural way to soften aquarium water and achieve the pH levels required for breeding and rearing certain tropical fish. Peat contains humic acid, tanning agents, and trace elements that are essential for various life processes. Highly concentrated for maximum effectiveness, this product is recommended for fish that prefer soft, acidic water.
- All Natural Way to Acidify Aquarium Water
- Highly Concentrated Peat Granules Support Lower pH Levels
- Recommended for Tropical Fish That Originate From Amber, Tannin Stained Water
- Ideal for Keeping and Breeding Tropical Fish Such as Tetras, Rasboras and Dwarf South American Cichlids
- Enhances Coloration and Behavior in Specific Tropical Fish Species
- For Freshwater Use Only
- $24.95 - $68.95
- Save $36 (54%)
Cascade Canister Filter Pro-Z Filt-A-Pack Zeolite removes ammonia, harmful chemicals, toxins, odors and discolorations. Cascade Canister Filter Pro Z helps maintain a healthy aquarium and keeps the water crystal clear.
- Ready-to-use nylon mesh filter bags filled with Zeolite
- Removes ammonia, toxins, odors and harmful chemicals
- Fits Penn Plax Cascade Canister Filters
- Disposable for no-hassle convenience
- $13.95 - $86.95
- Save $46 (53%)
Natural, high-quality Zeolite helps to remove toxic ammonia and is ideal for new aquariums and systems with heavy bio-load.
- pH Neutral
- Mesh Bag Included
- Fast Adsorption Rate
- 100% Crystal Clear Water
- For Use With Any Size Hydor Professional Canister Filter
It is recommended that zeolite should be changed out every 1- 3 months. Can also be used with other canister-style filters
- $15.95 - $49.95
- Save $26 (52%)
API Bio-Chem Zorb (formerly branded Rena Bio-Chem Zorb) is the most scientifically-advanced filter media available. Use Bio-Chem Zorb for sparkling clean water and healthy fish!
- Removes organic waste, toxic gases, water discoloration, foul odors and phenols in fresh and saltwater aquariums
- Removes toxic heavy metals in freshwater
- Bio-Chem Zorb will not release phosphates
Bio-Chem Zorb is a blend of 2 research-grade scavenger resins, 2 pharmaceutical-grade ion-exchange resins and high porosity activated carbon in a convenient filter pouch.
Directions: Easy-to-use pouch works three to six months, change regularly for clean and clear water.
- Size 4 - Fits API Nexx Filter and Rena SmartFilter
- Size 6 - Can be used on any aquarium filter including the API XP Canister Filter up to 55 gallons
- $24.95 - $269.95
- Save $142 (54%)
Aquatop Carbon Infused Filter Pads are made with a rigid, highly durable poly-fiber material that absorbs toxins and organic particles with ease. These pads are infused with premium activated carbon to remove odors and discoloration while trapping particulates for dual-stage mechanical and chemical filtration.
- Durable rigid poly-fiber material
- Infused carbon removes odors & discoloration
- Provides dual-stage mechanical & chemical filtration
- For fresh or saltwater aquariums or ponds
Tip: Aquatops specialized filtration media pads may be cut to fit virtually any aquarium or pond filter.
Pad Dimensions: 18"L x 10"W
- $46.95 - $128.95
- Save $68 (53%)
Fluval Zeo-Carb is a premium blend of research grade Fluval Carbon and Fluval Ammonia Remover. Working together, these highly effective media eliminate liquefied impurities, odors and discoloration, while simultaneously removing toxic ammonia, for a clean, healthy aquarium. Combining two products into one frees up space inside the filter for other types of media. For Fluval filter models: 106, 206, 306, 406, FX5, 105, 205, 305, 405, 104, 204, 304, 404
- Dual Action Removes Heavy Metals, Organic Contaminants, Discoloaration, Odors and Toxic Ammonia
- Helps to Create a Clean Healthy Aquarium
- Helps to Reduce Fish Stress
- Dual Blend Frees Up Space Inside Filter for Other Media
- For Freshwater Use Only
- $17.95 - $108.95
- Save $57 (52%)
Marineland Diamond Blend Ammonia Neutralizing Zeolite Blend with natural Clinoptilolite Seolite and Premium Activated Carbon. The Marineland Zeolite Blend cleans and conditions aquarium water, ridding it of dissolved organic waste and odors as it removes toxic ammonia and chloramines.
- Premium activated carbon and ammonia fighting crystals
- Removes toxic ammonia, chloramines and impurites for sparkling, fish safe water
- Ideal for new freshwater aquariums and ponds
- $14.95 - $176.95
- Save $93 (52%)
Fluval Ammonia Remover is a natural ion-exchange media designed to remove toxic ammonia as water passes over it. Controlling ammonia levels reduces stress on fish. Use this product to provide a healthy environment when setting up a new aquarium or maintaining one that contains a higher than average fish stock. For filter models: 106, 206, 306, 406, FX5, 105, 205, 305, 405, 104, 204, 304, 404.
- Natural Ion-Exchange Media Effectively Removes Toxic Ammonia
- Reduces Stress on Fish
- Ideal For New or Heavily Populated Aquariums, Where Ammonia is Often Present
- Helps to Maintain a Healthy Environment
- For Freshwater Use Only
- $18.95 - $113.95
- Save $60 (53%)
Marineland Dionizing & Ammonia Reducing Resin works to boost chemical filtration while also reducing ammonia and nitrites in freshwater filters. This resin works faster than zeolite in removing ammonia from your aquarium, changing color when its depleted letting you know its time to replace it.
- Reduces ammonia and nitrite in freshwater aquariums.
- Resin adsorbs ammonia faster than zeolite
- Blue resin changes color to amber when depleted
- For freshwater
- $26.95 - $74.95
- Save $39 (54%)
Marina Ammonia Remover is a natural ion-exchange media that removes toxic ammonia as water passes over it. Use it to provide an healthy environment when setting up a new aquarium or maintaining one that contains higher than average fish stock.
- Eliminates Toxic Ammonia
- Reduces Stress on Fish
- Ideal for New or heavily Populated Aquariums
- For Freshwater Use Only
- For CF20, CF40, CF60, CF80
- $18.95 - $117.95
- Save $62 (53%)
Elite Replacement Carbon Filter for the Elite Sponge Filter is designed to keep the aquarium water crystal clear and odorless.
- Replacement Carbon
- Helps to Keep Water Crysal Clear
- Helps to Keep Aqurium Odorless
- For Elite Sponge Filter
- 2 Pack
- $7.95 - $42.95
- Save $23 (53%)
Marine aquariums benefit from ultra-clean low nutrient water conditions, as naturally found in ocean waters. Fluval Sea Total Clear is specially formulated to establish and maintain a clean and healthy environment to help support vibrant aquarium life. Total Clear produces ultra-clean, low-nutrient water conditions naturally found in ocean waters. Its unique mixture of research-grade carbon, ion-exchange and synthetic organic removal resins rapidly eliminates unwanted contaminants and organic compounds from water.
- Establishes and Maintains a Clean and Healthy Aquarium Environment
- Does Not Affect pH, KH and General Hardness Levels
- Use as an Everyday Filter Media or to Remove Specific Toxic Metals and Organic Compounds
- Supports a Vibrant Aquarium Life
- Formulated for Reef Aquariums and Excellent for Freshwater Aquariums
- Save $15 (54%)