External Parasite Aquarium Medications
Kordon Rid-Ich Plus is a completely safe, effective and economical Ich treatment in fresh and saltwater on a wide range of protozoan, crustaceans, and other invertebrate parasites of fish.
- Controls Ich and other external protozoan, dinoflagellate and fungal diseases of fish
- Powerful 2-medication combination
- Suitable for fresh and saltwater
Kordon's Rid·Ich+ is a combination of two powerful medications which have proven effective in the control of many diseases of freshwater fishes caused by external protozoan (single cell) parasites such as white spot disease, Ichthyophthiriasis, Costia, Trichodina, Chilodonella and saltwater external parasites such as Cryptocaryon and Amyloodinium. The medication can also treat fungal infections in fishes.
Rid·Ich+ is recommended as the best chemical treatment for Ich, (white spot disease), having been originally developed decades ago for professional aquaculture, public aquariums, and government use in treating fishes. Other than refinement in ingredients, it has continued to remain as the foremost scientifically developed chemical treatment for Ich white spot disease. Efficacy is improved and the treatment time is often reduced when compared to treatment with either the chemicals malachite or formalin alone. Additionally, the Rid·Ich+ formula utilizes the less common but also less toxic chloride salt of malachite green (this is the same salt used in Kordon's Malachite Green).
The recommended treatment concentration of Rid·Ich+ should be approached with caution, carefully observing the reactions of the treated fishes and ceasing treatment if any undue stress is noted. Remember, when the first outward signs of Ich (scattered spots) are noticed, the fish is often quite heavily parasitic in the mouth and gills - lowering the fish's ability to withstand additional stress. The weaker the fishes' condition, the poorer its response will be to any medication. Rid·Ich+ has been shown to be reasonably safe for use on fishes which normally cannot tolerate malachite green alone.
- $5.95 - $316.95
- Save $131 (49%)
Kordon Copper-Aid External Parasite Treatment is a safe, efficient and effective treatment for the most common external parasites in your aquarium. Its non-staining formula eliminates Ich, velvet, anchor works, flukes, and other parasites that can harm your fish. Copper Aid protects the tank for one full month and can be used in fresh and saltwater aquariums.
- Effective treatment for Ich, velvet, anchor works, flukes and other external parasites
- Protects tank for 1 full month
- For fresh and saltwater aquariums
16 oz Treats 400 Gallons
1 Gallon Treats 3,200 Gallons
- Ich: Small white spots commonly cover entire body. Fish may have itching that causes it to scratch and rub against tank bottom.
- Velvet: Tiny yellowish-white spots. Fish may lose body color and rub or scratch against tank bottom or decor.
- Parasites: Visible spots, extra surface mucus or visible worms, rapid breathing and flashing (rubbing and scratching on tank bottom).
Directions for Use: As a treatment for Ich, Velvet and to aid in general external parasite disease prevention, add 1 teaspoon (5 ml) per 4 gallons of water. Treats water for 1 month.
Note: Remove all invertebrates without an exoskeleton (anemones, jellyfish, etc.) from aquarium prior to treatment. Copper-Aid may be harmful to plants and some snails. DO NOT OVERDOSE.
No water changes, temperature or pH level adjustments are required prior to treatment. Maintain all normal filtration and air flow. Replace carbon after completion of the treatment. During water changes, treat replacement water with Copper-AID. For ornamental pond and aquarium fish use only. Not for human, medical or food fish use.
Active Ingredient: Chelated Copper Sulfate.
- $24.95 - $436.95
- Save $180 (43%)
Microbe-Lift Lice and Anchor Worm is for the treatment of conditions caused by Fish Lice (Argulus) and Anchor Worms (Lerea). This treatment is safe for all ornamental aquarium fish, reptiles, amphibians and mollusks, including freshwater and marine pets.
- Treats conditions caused by Fish Lice and Anchor Worm
- For use with all ornamental aquarium fish
- Safe for salt or freshwater use
The active ingredient is cyromazine, an insect growth regulator, which inhibits the growth of larva and juvenile parasites. This interrupts the parasite life cycle and provides long term treatment. Use with Microbe-Lift Restore for an even more effective treatment. Will not harm biological filtration or scaleless fish.
Directions: Shake well before use. Add 1 tsp. (5 ml) per 20 gallons (76 L). Prior to the initial use of Lice and Anchor Worm, a partial water change of 20% is recommended. For best results three treatments, one week apart, should be performed with water changes prior to each retreatment.
- Must NOT be used where crayfish and other crustaceans are being cultured.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Not for use with fish or aquatic invertebrates intended for human consumption.
- $11.95 - $131.95
- Save $54 (43%)
API Liquid Super Ick Cure is an effective treatment for Ich, a highly contagious disease, also called white spot disease. Super Ick Cure quickly kills the ich parasite, usually within 24 hours. Provides a synthetic slime coat replacement that helps form a barrier against secondary infection.
- Treat "Ich" for freshwater fish only
- Use at the first sign of white spots for proper treatment
- Liquid Super Ick Cure adds slime coat protection as well
- $7.95 - $26.95
- Save $11 (44%)
Kordon Rapid-Cure Ich and Parasite Treatment acts fast to treat Ich infections, external protozoan parasites, and the side effects of parasite infection in aquarium fish. One drop per gallon of water relieves symptoms in just 48 hours. Safe for fresh and saltwater fish tanks.
- Fast acting treatment for Ich, protozoan parasites and fin damage
- Relieves surface itching and other symptoms in just 48 hours
- Safe for fresh and saltwater
Treats these symptoms:
- Ich: Small white spots commonly seen over entire body. Fish may have itching that causes them to scratch and rub against tank bottom, rocks or decor.
- Protozoan Fin Damage: Fins band or tail are frayed and may have missing edges. Appearance is eroded and may look opaque. (Sometimes referred to as fin rot)
- Protozoan Parasites: This condition produces a white or grayish film of surface mucus. Some infections may show visible worms, rapid breathing and flashing (rubbing and scratching while moving along the tank bottom).
Directions for Use: Shake well before using. Raise aquarium water temperature to 82-84°F.
1. Check your water quality levels before using to ensure that they are within acceptable ranges.
2. Remove carbon from filters.
3. Remove invertebrates from aquarium or pond.
Freshwater- Add 1 drop to each 1 gallon daily for all fish except those in the Tetra family (add 1 drop to each 2 gallons daily for Tetras).
Saltwater - Add 1 drop to each 1 gallon daily in a bare aquarium.
Replace filter carbon 24 hours following the final treatment.
MAXIMUM DOSE: 3 DAILY TREATMENTS.
If further treatment is required, complete a 25% water change before starting another treatment cycle. Treated water will turn blue during the treatment cycle. This is a normal and temporary condition that disappears in a few days.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Inner surfaces such as decorations and silicone may become stained by this treatment.
Note: Perform a 50% water change in case of accidental overdose or if fish show any signs of distress during treatment.
Active Ingredients: Triethylene Glycol, Plyvinylpyrrolidone K-29, and Malachite Green.
Warnings: DO NOT USE ON: Invertebrates, live rock, shrimp, snails, scaleless fish such as elephant nose and baby whales, or loaches. Do not use in reef tanks with live rock, live coral or anemones. This product is for aquarium use only. Do not exceed recommended dosage. May stain sealant and aquarium decorations.
- Save $4 (42%)
Mardel CopperSafe Saltwater and Freshwater Medication is a broad spectrum aquarium medicine formulated to fight off ick, velvet and other external parasites. It effectively keeps aquarium water clear of parasites for up to one month.
- For ick, velvet and other external parasites
- Saltwater and freshwater medication
- Treats water for 1 month
CopperSafe is safe to use with UV Sterilizers, Protein Skimmers, Wet/Dry and Diatomaceous earth filters. After treatment, Coppersafe can be removed from the aquarium by water changes, fresh activated carbon or other chemical filtration resins/pads.
Directions: For each size use 5mL for 4 gallons of water. Treats water for 1 month. Chelated copper treatment is recommended for the treatment of ick, flukes, anchor worms, velvet, protozoan diseases and other external parasites.
- $12.95 - $658.95
- Save $271 (42%)
Kordon Ich Attack is a 100% organic disease treatment for fresh and saltwater aquariums, including those with reefs and live rock. It's safe, effective, and treats diseases caused by: Ich, fungus, protozoans, and dinoflagellats.
- 100% organic aquarium disease treatment
- Safe for fresh, saltwater and reef aquariums
- Treats diseases caused by: Ich, Fungus, Protozoans and Dinoflagellates
4 oz Treats 240 Gallons
16 oz Treats 960 Gallons
Instructions: Remove all carbon from the filter during treatment. Shake the Ick Attack well before using. Add 1 teaspoon of Ick Attack per 10 gallons of water. Repeat dosage daily for one week.
- $7.95 - $44.95
- Save $19 (43%)
Copper Power Marine is one of the safest most effective copper medications available for the elimination of external parasites. Copper Power's higher concentration lets you "Blast" away disease.
- Safest copper treatment available
- Eliminate external parasites
- For treatment of external parasites, Ich, Oodinium and fungus
Copper Power Marine is a Safe and Effective Copper Treatment for Marine fish. Used at 2.5 PPM Copper - nearly 5-Times the normal toxic level of copper in salt water.
COPPER POWER WILL NOT PRECIPITATE OUT OF THE WATER AND REMAINS ACTIVE IN THE WATER ACTING AS A PREVENTATIVE AGAINST NEW OUTBREAKS OF DISEASE.
- $6.95 - $25.95
- Save $11 (43%)
SeaChem Cupramine is superior to copper sulfate, chloride and citrate: it is non-acidic, less toxic to fish, remains in solution, and does not contaminate the filter bed. Seachem Cupramine is superior to traditional chelates: it is fully charged (ionic), active at low concentrations, and is can be removed from your water with carbon.
- Buffered active copper
- For marine or freshwater
- Less toxic, superior to and safer than copper chlorides, sulfates, citrates and chelates
- $14.95 - $137.95
- Save $57 (43%)
Microbe-Lift Herbtana for Reefs is a 100% natural expellant for parasitic diseases. Herbtana (Reefs) provides a chemical free treatment effective against the following diseases:
- White spot (Ich)
- Flukes (gill and skin)
Herbtana is a uniquely formulated immune enhancing stimulant that will reduce parasitic diseases. Parasites are generally present on most fish at very low levels and are naturally controlled by the fishes immune system. However, when stress levels increase it causes your fishes immune system to break down and allows more parasites increase in levels. Herbtana will help support your fishes immune system during higher levels of stress.
Directions: Shake product well before each use. Turn off UV sterilizer, protein skimmer or ozone generators. Keep biological filters operational. Best results will be achieved if used immediately once infestation is detected.
Dosage: Add 1mL of Herbtana per 5 gallons daily for 10 days or 1 teaspoon per 25 gallons for 10 days. Severe cases may require longer treatment times. 16 oz. treats 236 gallons for 10 days
- Save $11 (42%)
API General Cure Powder is an anti-parasitic remedy that treats a wide variety of parasitic diseases including velvet, anchor worm, fish lice, hole-in-the-head disease, gill worms and dactylogyrus. Safe for salt and freshwater tanks.
- Rapidly treats a wide range of parasitic diseases.
- For use in freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Fast dissolving powder treats up to 100 gallons
Directions: For best results, remove activated carbon or filter cartridge from filter and continue aeration. For each 10 gallons (38 L) of water, empty one packet directly into aquarium. Repeat dose after 48 hours. Wait another 48 hours then change 25% of the aquarium water and add fresh activated carbon or replace filter cartridge. This package treats up to 100 gallons. Two doses required for full course of treatment.
- $21.95 - $631.95
- Save $260 (43%)
Fritz Mardel ParaShield provides relief and protection from common aquatic parasite infections, including Ick and protozoan Velvet. This bio-adhesive supplement repairs and strengthens the natural slime coats of fresh and saltwater fish, supporting their overall health and shielding them from further infection.
- Herbal treatment for Ick and other common parasitic infections
- Strengthens protective slime coat to prevent future infections
- Supports optimum fish health with natural oils & extracts
- Safe for freshwater & marine aquarium fish
Directions: Shake well before using. Remove carbon from filter. Add 4 drops per gallon or 5 ml (1 tsp) per 25 gallons of water to be treated. Treat every other day for a total of three treatments. Raising the aquarium temperature to above 80 degrees will increase the effectiveness of the treatment for some species. Do not exceed temperatures of 84 degrees and always ensure adequate aeration is provided for the fish, particularly when treating at higher temperatures.
For reef tanks and aquariums with invertebrates, the dosage should be adjusted to two treatments of two drops per gallon or 5 ml (1 tsp) per 50 gallons 12 hours apart. Treat every other day for a total of 6 treatments (2 treatments per day).
Note: Always consult a veterinarian or fish expert for assistance in diagnosis and treatment.
Active Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Capsaicin Oil, Chitosan, D-Limonene, Manuka and Neem Oil
- $71.95 - $204.95
- Save $84 (41%)
API Super Ick Cure Powder is an effective treatment for Ich (also called White Spot Disease), a highly contagious disease. Quickly kills the ich parasite, usually within 24 hours. For fresh and saltwater aquariums.
- Rapidly treats Ich (or White Spot Disease)
- Disrupts the life cycle of the Ich and usually kills within 24 hours
- Combats secondary bacterial infections
- Suitable for fresh and saltwater aquariums
- $14.95 - $41.95
- Save $18 (42%)
Tetra Ick Guard rids your fish and aquarium of the deadly Ick parasite (also known as white spot). With easy-to-use tabs and fast, effective treatment, Ick Guard gets your fish healthy and keeps them that way.
- Clears Ick infestations fast
- Protects against secondary infections
- No need to raise water temperature
- Suitable for all freshwater aquariums
Left untreated, Ick spreads quickly and is almost always fatal to infected fish. Tetra Ick Guard uses premeasured, fast dissolving tablets to make controlling an Ick infestation quick and easy. A strong fizzing action ensures that Ick Guard's ingredients are quickly integrated into your aquarium water, so the treatment gets started immediately.
Dosage: Use 1 tablet for each 10 gallons of aquarium water. For tank volumes of 40 gallons or larger, and for soft and/or acidic water, pre-dissolve tablets before adding to the tank. Only half strength should be used for scaleless, weak, sensitive or small fish.
Additional Directions: Remove carbon from filter during use. If Ick persists, treat the water every 24 hours until cleared. 25% of water should be changed before adding any new dose.
- $7.95 - $38.95
- Save $17 (48%)