The Zoo Med Avian Sun Floor Lamp has been redesigned from the ground up to provide an even more effective light, warmth, and UV solution for your feathered friends. The lamp features a solid base, adjustable gooseneck, and a built-in reflector for maximum light and UV output.
- New and improved design with adjustable gooseneck and solid base
- Includes Avian Sun 5.0 UVB lamp
- Built-in reflector provides maximum light and UVB
It's important to provide your bird with adequate UVA and UVB to replicate the conditions of its natural environment. This unique lamp provides safe levels of UVB, allowing healthy synthesizing of vitamin D3 for calcium metabolism and supporting normal growth, bone strength, and egg production. UVA is visible to birds and helps them recognize mates, find food, and identify different species.
1-year manufacturer warranty.
- Save $62 (55%)
Zoo Med Avian Sun Deluxe Floor Lamp has a weighted base for stability and is fully adjustable! The Zoo Med Floor Lamp does not come with a bulb. Bulb is sold separately!
- Six points of adjustment allow for use in almost any position!
- Built in reflector increases light and UV output!
- Great way to provide UVA and UVB for Chameleons and birds.
- For use with Zoo Med's Compact Fluorescent bulbs (bulb sold separately)
Lamp is 72 inches high when fully extended.
Do not use in wet conditions. Use indoors only.
- Fully insert plug.
- Unplug when not in use.
- Fully extend cord before using.
- Do not cover with blankets, rugs, or any other material.
- Keep children and pets (other than your birds according to the enclosed instructions) away from fixture.
- Do not allow birds to chew on cord or perch on fixture.
- Do not use damaged cord set - inspect periodically.
- Do not exceed electrical rating.
Polarized: This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plugin anyway.
- Weighted Base
- Lower Pole
- Upper Pole (Plastic bushing on one end)
- Lamp Fixture/Arm Assembly
- Lamp Reflector Housing
Note on Lamp Burn-In: Compact fluorescent lamps have a "burn-in" period when the light and UVB output is at its greatest. For your AvianSun 5.0 Compact Fluorescent Lamp, this period lasts about two weeks when the lamp is used to provide a normal photoperiod or day/night cycle at 10 to 12 hours per day (150 hours of use). Refer to the following chart for recommended distances during and after the burn period. Zoo Med's AvianSun Deluxe Floor Lamp is fully adjustable enabling you to easily adjust the distance of the lamp to your bird's cage.
DURING/AFTER BURN-IN RECOMMENDED OPERATING DISTANCE*
During burn-in 18-20" (46-51 cm)
After burn-in 12-14" (30-36 cm)
*Notes on Operating Range:
*The Recommended Distance refers to the distance from the lamp to your bird's perch. The lamp should be placed directly overhead of your bird. DO NOT place the lamp on the side of the cage causing your bird to stare into the lamp. WARNING: DO NOT place the lamp closer to your bird than the recommended distances listed above as eye damage may occur.
When to Replace Your Lamp:
Your lamp will provide beneficial UVA and UVB for a period of 12 months. After 12 months, the lamp should be replaced with a new AvianSun 5.0 Compact Fluorescent Lamp. Before you turn on your lamp for the first time, date the base of the lamp to remind yourself when to replace it
- Save $42 (55%)
The Zoo Med Avian Sun 5.0 UVB compact fluorescent provides birds with safe levels of beneficial UVB and UVA for physical and psychological health.
- Self-ballasted compact fluorescent lamp for use with birds
- Brings the sun indoors
- Produces UVA + UVB + Visible light for a true full spectrum
UVB enables birds to synthesize vitamin D3 for proper calcium metabolism which is necessary for normal growth, maintenance of strong bones, and egg production. UVA is visible to birds, enabling them to recognize mates, locate food, and identify different species. Without UVA, birds are essentially colorblind! These Avian Sun 5.0 UVB and UVA bulbs cannot be used with dimmers or rheostats!
- Save $25 (55%)