Pond De Icers
Pondmaster's Floating Winter Pond De-Icer is perfect for those colder winter areas where chilly temperatures cause ponds to freeze or ice over. This unique doughnut shaped de-icer promotes a healthy living environment for fish and plants alike.
- Thermostatic control to reduce heating time and save electricity
- Helps keep pond fish and plants alive throughout the winter
- 120 watts of energy efficient heating power
- For ponds up to 2,000 gallons
The Floating Winter De-Icer is energy efficient and uses less energy than other pond heaters. The donut design maintains an ice-free center, allowing any toxic gases to escape. Internal electronics are epoxy sealed, with a double-sealed shell for extra watertight protection. It will not harm flexible liners or preformed ponds.
Wattage: 120 Watts
Dimensions: 12" Diameter x 4.5" High
Min. Pond Depth: 18" Deep
Power Cord: 18' Long
Warranty: 1-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Save $29 (42%)
The K and H Super Ice Eliminator birdbath de-icer uses a unique, low-energy design to keep water liquid in even the most frigid conditions. With a naturalistic rock design, it makes any birdbath a haven for the birds that forgot to fly south for the winter.
- Maintains liquid water down to -20° F
- Completely safe for all birdbaths, including plastic
- Natural rock finish can be spray-painted any color to match every birdbath
The Ice Eliminator has a durable, easy-to-clean enamel finish that will not calcify, rust or leave stains, keeping your birdbath pristine. Its low wattage makes it more energy efficient than most other birdbath de-icers. MET listed for safety.
- 50 Watt: 7"L x 3"W x 1"H
- 80 Watt: 6.5"L x 3.25"L x 1"H
- 18" cord
- 3-year limited warranty
- $47.95 - $61.95
- Save $26 (41%)
K and H Thermo-Pond Deluxe Perfect Climate Pond De-Icers have "reinvented the wheel" when it comes to keeping ice out of your pond. The Perfect Climate De-Icer can be used as a floating de-icer or can be converted into a submersible de-icer with the push of a button!
- Helps create perfect winter climate for your fish
- All-in-one design transforms from submersible to floating version in seconds
- Safe for all ponds; will not burn pond liners
This safe, energy-efficient pond de-icer switches from floating to submersible at the touch of a button. Its 12-foot long power cord allows you to reach any part of your pond. Refer to the manufacturer's region chart to find the de-icer that will work best for you based on where you live.
2-year manufacturer warranty. MET-listed.
250 Watt: Ponds up to 1000 Gallons - (6" Diameter x 5" High)
750 Watt: Ponds 100-1,200 Gallons - (6" Diameter x 5" High)
1500 Watt: Ponds 400-1,200 Gallons - (9" Diameter x 5" High)
Important: Be sure to reference the zone chart (above) to choose the proper De-Icer model for your region and pond size.
Q: What happens if I use a higher wattage deicer than needed in my pond?
A: The De-Icers are thermostatically controlled. This means, as long as you purchased the minimum wattage required for your zone and pond size, they will work fine. Keep in mind that higher wattage models will use more electricity than the lower wattage models. For example, the 750 watt De-Icer will use three times the amount of electricity when running versus the 250 watt De-Icer.
Q: There is a piece of Styrofoam in the ring. Do I leave it in?
A: To use this product as a floating De-Icer, leave it as is. To use it as a submersed De-Icer, simply unscrew and remove the float ring.
Q: At what temperature should the De-Icer turn on?
A: Our Thermo-Pond units are thermostatically controlled to keep the average water temperature just above freezing. They feature internal thermostats and will turn on and off as necessary to keep the pond from freezing over.
- $74.95 - $94.95
- Save $40 (42%)
K and H Thermo-Pond is a unique patented pond heater that keeps a hole through the ice in backyard ponds for just pennies a day. For ponds up to 1000 gallons! The world's most energy efficient pond heater!
- The world's most successful and efficient low-wattage pond de-icer.
- Uses only 100 Watts
- Maintains a hole in backyard pond ice for just pennies a day.
Thermo-Pond can save up to $30.00 a month in electricity versus those high wattage stock tank style de-icers! Just think, Thermo-Pond pays for itself in as little as 2 months.
- Floats on top of the water.
- Thermostatically controlled never to get hot.
- Completely safe when used with a pond liner or plastic pond.
- Fish friendly - assists the escape of toxic gases all winter long to help maintain a toxic-free environment for fish living under the ice.
- Tested in northern Wisconsin at temperatures of 30° below zero Fahrenheit.
- MET listed for safety
Thermo Pond floats on top of the water and is thermostatically controlled to never get hot. Unlike some other heaters, Thermo Pond will never burn a pond liner or plastic pond. It naturally allows the pond to ice over while maintaining a hole through the ice.
Allowing that gas exchange can help keep a healthier environment during the winter months Thermo Pond should be used in ponds that are deep enough to allow plenty of livable water under the iced portion of the pond.
- Save $36 (42%)
Tetra Pond De-Icer will help your pond fish make it through the toughest winters. This Pond De Icer is 300 watts and works in temperatures as low as -20°F. The TetraPond De Icer is critical in helping your fish survive and stay healthy during winter. This de-icer keeps an area of your pond ice free, allowing harmful gases to pass through the opening.
- Helps prevent small ponds from freezing over
- Floats in the water
- Durable, energy efficient and easy to install
The Tetra Pond Pond De-Icer is a simple and efficient winter survival solution for koi, goldfish, and other pond pets. Additional features include:
- 300 watts and works in temperatures as low as -20°F
- Utilizes a thermostat to power on and off as needed
- 15' cord
- Natural stone finish to enhance the decor of your pond
- 3 year manufacturer warranty
- Save $36 (42%)