Pond Biological Treatments
API Pond Ecofix Sludge Destroyer contains is an all natural formula containing highly concentrated beneficial bacteria that break down and consume organic waste and pond sludge, reducing pond maintenance and helping to keep your water crystal clear.
- Consumes pond sludge, reduces fish waste build-up
- All natural, highly concentrated beneficial bacteria
- Simplifies pond maintenance and helps create a healthy ecosystem
Ecofix Sludge Destroyer breaks down fish waste and dead algae, consumes organic pollution, and increases oxygen levels in your water, creating a clearer pond and a healthier habitat for your fish and live plants.
Made in the USA.
Directions: Shake well. Initial dose at Spring Start-Up and End of Season dose: Add 1/2 cup (120 ml) per 500 US gallons of pond water (1.89 L) twice a week for 2 weeks. Maintenance Dose: Add 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) per 500 US gallons of pond water every 2 weeks. Keep out of reach of children. For ornamental pond use only.
Tip: For maximum cleaning power, treat pond water with the liquid algaecide Algaefix, then add Ecofix Sludge Destroyer. The bacteria in Ecofix will consume the dead algae for a cleaner, clearer pond.
- $28.95 - $524.95
- Save $263 (51%)
API Pond Pond-Zyme is a heavy-duty pond cleaner, containing five specially selected bacterial strains in a stable dry form. Pond-Zyme breaks down fish waste and dead algae that can cause cloudy water, sludge build-up, and debris that clogs pumps and filters.
- Consumes pond sludge
- Powerful pond cleaner with natural bacteria and barley
- Reduces build-up of fish waste
Pond-Zyme can be used in all ornamental koi ponds and water gardens, works in both cold and warm water and may be used during spring start-up and for regular care. Pond-Zyme is a 100% natural product and is safe for all pond fish, plants and wildlife.
Why Use Pond-Zyme?
- Maintains sparkling, clean water
- Quickly breaks down fish waste and dead algae
- Digests leaves and grass clippings
- Contains the natural cleaning power of barley
- Reduces pond maintenance
- Highly concentrated formula
Pond-Zyme is a super-concentrated blend of dry bacteria and natural barley that keeps pond water clean and clear. Organic matter accumulates in all garden ponds, forming unsightly sludge. As the sludge decomposes, it consumes oxygen, degrades water quality, and clogs pumps and filters. It is also a breeding ground for fish pathogens. The specially selected bacterial strains in Pond-Zyme work quickly to remove sludge build-up.
Directions: Use the enclosed measuring spoon and sprinkle evenly around the perimeter of the pond. For best results, use Pond-Zyme with API PondCare Accu-Clear, a two-step approach for incomparable water clarity.
- Spring Start-up / End of Season: Add two scoops per 200 US gallons of pond water (757 L) twice a week for 2 weeks.
- Maintenance: Add one scoop per 200 US gallons (757 L) every 2 weeks.
Note: Formerly known as PondCare PondZyme with Barley.
- $33.95 - $149.95
- Save $75 (50%)
Microbe Lift Sludge-Away naturally helps speed the removal of sludge and muck. Sludge Away is particularly helpful for ponds that have rock or gravel bottoms and vacuuming is not practical. Sludge Away works best in warmer temperatures but can work in all weather.
- Natural sludge and muck removal
- 80% faster than other products
- Binds phosphate
Please refer to Alternate Image for Dosages. Additional features:
- Organic and microbial based
- Safe for plants, fish, pets and the environment
- Helps clear pond water
- 100% active ingredients
- Disperses rapidly
- $50.95 - $230.95
- Save $116 (51%)
Ecological Laboratories Nite Out II is specifically made for ponds. This special formula is designed to eliminate ammonia through a natural biological process termed nitrification. The ingredients in Nite Out II will establish, promote, or stabilize and maintain nitrification in ponds which will eliminate toxic effects of ammonia.
- Initiates nitrification
- Provides stable cold weather nitrification
- Safe for use around animals and plants
*Please refer to Alternative Images for Nitrification diagram and Application Rates
- $50.95 - $146.95
- Save $74 (51%)
Tetra Pond Pond Sludge Reducer with Clear-Zyme Technology blocks are bio-active cleaning blocks that will keep water clean and clear by breaking down wastes which accumulate on the bottom of ponds as a sludge layer.
- Keeps pond water clean and clear
- Bio-active cleaning block for pond maintenance
- Breaks down wastes which accumulate on the bottom of ponds
Also great to use during the setup of a new pond and the spring start-up or fall shut-down of established ponds. The blend of safe enzyme producing bacteria helps develop and maintain the ponds natural biological balance.
Dosage: 4 blocks treat up to 1,000 gallons.
- $13.95 - $43.95
- Save $22 (51%)
Clear Pond Fall and Winter Water Treatment is a specialty blend of cold water aerobic and anaerobic beneficial bacteria, allowing continued effectiveness in oxygen or non-oxygen rich environments even in darkness under ice. These microbes break down sludge, fish waste, and other organic matter while keeping pond water oxygenated throughout the colder months.
- Aerobic & non-aerobic beneficial bacteria blend
- Specialized for cold water and darkness/ice cover
- Breaks down sludge, fish waste & fibrous organic matter
- Improves oxygen content through winter months
- Effective in water temperatures below 55 degrees F
Directions: Use 3 oz for 500 gallons of pond water.
- $36.95 - $119.95
- Save $60 (51%)